St Patrick’s Day is here! Here are some fun filled ideas to spend the day with your senior loved one. Below is a list of some activities everyone can enjoy (Don’t forget to wear green to avoid a pinch!)
- Plan a St Patrick’s day themed dinner. Meal prep some corned beef and cabbage, green eggs and ham, shamrock cookies and green punch. These are just some of the delicious themed treats you can make. Pair it with decorative plates, napkins and even some leprechaun hats for an evening of good luck!
- St Patrick’s Day Bingo. Using your regular bingo cards and chocolate gold coins instead of chips, your seniors can play for the pot of gold!
- Leprechaun Costume contest. Have your seniors break out their best green or leprechaun inspired outfits for a fun mini fashion show! The winners can be crowned as the St Patrick’s Day King and Queen.
- St Patrick’s Day Crafts. Making leprechaun hats, four leaf clover pins, and shamrock garland are just a few of the crafts you can do with your elderly loved one
- Leprechaun Scavenger Hunt. Get your loved one up and moving by hiding leprechaun treats all around. Fun riddles and clues will point them in the right direction and ensure a joyous, fun filled holiday!
These are just a few of the many things you can do for this celebratory holiday. Encouraging your loved ones to participate in these activities helps maintain a healthy and happy social life! Companionship is so imperative in keeping your senior loved one mentally and physically well. Collier Home Care can assist with dressing, bathing, and food preparation as your senior enjoys this celebratory holiday. Contact us now and learn about what we can do to keep your loved one safe, happy, and healthy.